Here’s the thing, at the end of the day, all I really want to do with my life is have a garden and make jam. That is my ambition. I would like to write about having a garden and making jam, and if people read what I wrote I would be on cloud 9. But that would be icing on the cake, and in a pinch I could live without it. What I long for and crave and yearn for, is a garden and a kitchen big enough to make jam.
Currently, I live in a 600 square foot apartment with a teeny tiny kitchen and no outdoor space.
I’m not trying to get your sympathy, honestly, I’m way to young to have my lifes ambitions fufilled yet. I know this. I mean, anyone who has it all figured out at my age must get so bored.
So I plug along in my little space, and I make jam for my friends and I plant herbs in tins and place them on my window sills and I’m pretty happy. Which is all one can ask for I suppose.
DIY Micro Greens in Vintage Tins
Heres a quick way to get those expensive microgreens from the farmers market at home for only a couple dollars! And they last longer.
Tins- vintage tins, tea tins, whatever you so wish.
Ziploc sandwhich bags
double sided tape
Seeds, arugula, mustard, swiss chard, sunflower, and romano beans are all good options,
Get 2 squares of paper towel damp and place them on a plate.
Sprinkle a tablespoon or so of seeds on it, and then cover with another damp piece of paper towel.
Keep this damp for a day or so until the seeds start to sprout.
Take your double sided tape and put a few pieces on the inside of your tin around the opening.
Place your ziploc bag inside the tin and press the edges into the double sided take getting it as close to the opening as you can without having the plastic come over the edge.
Place a small handful of pebbles at the bottom- this will allow for better drainage.
Put the potting soil on top and press it in so it is pretty well packed but not hard.
Sprinkle the sprouted seeds on top and water.
Keep the sprouts well watered and watch them rise up, once there a couple inches tall cut them and put them in salads, sandwiches, on top of fish or anywhere else you might like!
- churia likes this
- queen-under-the-mountain reblogged this from justsomethingpretty
- queen-under-the-mountain likes this
- raiinspiration reblogged this from justsomethingpretty
- quietsheep likes this
- hailbop21 likes this
- sanederla likes this
- youaremythrill reblogged this from justsomethingpretty
- youaremythrill likes this
- storybookadventure reblogged this from justsomethingpretty
- psitslindsey likes this
- kdogg-wheezy likes this
- exquisiteandplain reblogged this from justsomethingpretty
- exquisiteandplain likes this
- theageofthegeek likes this
- freddielove likes this
- trinachka reblogged this from justsomethingpretty and added:
- smarileekemp likes this
- yourtravelblogsucks reblogged this from justsomethingpretty and added:
- p-eristeri likes this
- blessakim likes this
- lordderpemort reblogged this from catgirlxlrg
- abigaillmedina likes this
- hushicho likes this
- catgirlxlrg reblogged this from diyforthesoul
- gabbiedoescrafts reblogged this from justsomethingpretty
- rosecoloredhummingbird likes this
- titiarias likes this
- jessversus likes this
- eine-liebe-liebevolle-elfe reblogged this from sheilajakeandsophie
- selcoutherie likes this
- hatsumi-no-baka reblogged this from justsomethingpretty
- confinedkalypso likes this
- kumaclaire reblogged this from justsomethingpretty
- saxetwanderlust likes this
- muchimucchiri reblogged this from sex-and-bacon
- sex-and-bacon reblogged this from justsomethingpretty
- makeupstory likes this
- criminalxintent reblogged this from justsomethingpretty
- iamatotalwreck likes this
- gelicag likes this
- neko-sakuraba reblogged this from justsomethingpretty
- criminalxintent likes this
- dgarscia likes this
- jonniebay likes this
- sheilajakeandsophie reblogged this from recycledfrockery
- recycledfrockery reblogged this from justsomethingpretty
- ana-morg likes this
- marsjacobi likes this